Monday 29 June 2009

Whatever happened to June?

I can't believe that it is almost July - whatever happened to June!

Since my last blog, I've haven't done too much as family matters took me away. Amongst which, we sadly lost a few members of the family... also lost my dog Tyler and now one of my cats, the eldest one of 14 yrs is missing, which isn't like him at all :(

I'm undergoing more investigation into my health issues again. The doctors are once more saying Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I wouldn't accept that before, despite the symptoms agreeing... anyway I have 2 extra cervical ribs at my neck. It seems that now they can also do keyhole surgery to remove them if it's straightforward so there is a possibly that if I have to go that way there is a chance of a good result.

Ahh, I have to go for extensive nerve conduction studies on both my arms at the end of the week at hospital to see if anywhere needs decompression again before moving on.

Some days are hard going. The pain is strong at times through compression, trapped nerves, etc, and my hands don't always do as I want them to because of it - so annoying, especially as I'm normally one of those persons that doesn't want to sit still and just wants to do!

I've complete the painting of the Blue Tits in Acrylic on canvas. I haven't placed it online properly as yet as I haven't really got a good photo of it. If I can get one I'll add it.

Also completed is Smoo (digital version).

Still working on Peregrines at Black Rocks - did some more work on that one this month, Springer Spaniel, and also a new one - Lioness in acrylics and colored pencils.

In July, I'm taking part in JulNoWriMo - similar to NanoWriMo (write a book/50,000 words or more in a month), but in July, so will spend much of the month concentrating on that as it's easier on my arms than the artwork, but will no doubt have some new work to show you during the month anyway!

Take care and have a lovely week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment